The Tata Education and Development Trust donate $25 million to undergraduate students from India to aid their education at Cornell University in some of the graduation subjects. It is an initiative from the TATA group to help the financially backward students of India. Almost 20 scholars are supported by The Tata Scholarship supports at any given time. Further, it practices a merit-based selection criterion, regardless of financial background, aiming to support the very best Indian students to study at the prestigious Cornell University.
Applicable course, university, and country
TATA scholarship support students to pursue various undergraduate degrees (bachelor’s) at Cornell University in the USA, namely:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics
- The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Administration
- The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- The scholarship is applicable to all the undergraduate courses offered by the Cornell University
Details of the scholarship amount:
The scholarship amount can be used for
The amount of tuition and fees is only included in the scholarship amount that can be used. There are some drawbacks to the scholarship. It does not cover living expenses, accommodation, airfare or travel expenses, spouse or child care, health care, application, or any such expenses. Leverage Edu Team has helped many in getting this scholarship.
- Recipients of the scholarship will receive annual scholarship benefits for the complete duration of their undergraduate course.
- For all the graduation subjects it provides funding for only eight semesters but only for the bachelor’s in architecture funding for ten semesters is provided due to the longer course duration.
- No additional funding would be done for dual majors or dual degrees.
Only 20 very eligible and capable students from India every year get the opportunity to study at Cornell University with the funding of the TATA scholarship.
- The Tata scholarship does not employ any specific restrictions regarding selection imposed as to who should get the scholarship and who shouldn’t.
The only eligibility criteria for getting this TATA scholarship is that the candidate must have given class twelve exams.
- The candidates who are applying must be Indian and have completed their twelfth class from India only.
- Candidates applying for the TATA scholarship must have applied for admission at Cornell University in the USA.
- The candidates must be eligible for the TATA scholarship according to their financial background and requirements.
Preference will be given to the following candidates:
- The students applying for the TATA scholarship will be given preference on the basis of being accepted to the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning; the College of Engineering; the Applied Economics and Management major in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business; and majors across colleges in the biological sciences, physical sciences, and other “hard” sciences, as well as the social sciences
Eligible student nationality
The candidates applying for the TATA scholarship must be Indian citizens. This is the only eligibility criterion of nationality.
Application Process for TATA scholarship
- Undergraduate applicants will be eligible for consideration for the Tata Scholarship if they have completed the admission application and have applied for financial aid
- All undergraduate applicants must apply for financial aid by completing the financial aid application process for international students
- To apply for international financial aid the following documentation is required:
- Complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE (Cornell’s CSS code is 2098)
- Additional information may be requested by the Office of Financial Aid
The application’s final end date would be in January and a regular decision would also be taken in that period only.
About CSS Profile-
- TATA scholarship is decided to be given based on the CSS profile. CSS profile helps detect one’s actual financial condition and helps the officials to decide whether one should be getting financial aid or not.
For any additional information or query, one can visit the page of Cornell University directly. The links of the same are provided above.