- How To Prepare for SSC CPO: Exam Pattern & Syllabus
SSC CPO Tier 1 2022 exam dates are officially scheduled for 23rd November 2022 to 26th November 2022. The Staff Selection Commission [SSC] recruits candidates through Central Police Organisations [CPO] across Paramilitary Forces of India [BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, etc.]. SSC CPO 2022 exam will be conducted in two stages, Tier 1 and Tier 2 [slated for March 1st, 2022]. Every year, thousands of candidates take the exam and it needs serious dedication and hard work to be amongst the handful who get selected. This article will aim to lay down some of the best SSC CPO preparation tips tailor-made for Tier 1.
How To Prepare for SSC CPO: Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The exam will be held in computer-based online mode with multiple-choice questions [MCQ]. Moreover, while correct answers carry a +1 mark, incorrect answers have a negative marking of 0.25 mark. The following table will aid in the formulation of your SSC CPO study plan.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||50||50|
How To Prepare for SSC CPO Tier 1: General Intelligence & Reasoning
The General Intelligence and Reasoning Section is one of the most crucial as well as scoring sections. It contains 50 questions of 1 mark each. Given below are some of the best SSC CPO preparation tips for this section.
- Topics: This section is further divided into the following.
|General Mental Ability||Non-Verbal Reasoning [Pictures & Diagrams]|
|Arithmetic Reasoning, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relation, Directions, Venn Diagram, Analogy, Alphabet, Classification, etc.||Figures, Patterns, Mirror Images, Water Images, Cube, Die, Series, Counting of Figures, etc.|
- While the General Mental Ability concerns itself with numbers, alphabets-based reasoning problems, the Non-verbal Reasoning section is purely diagrams and image-based. The latter tests your ability to recognize and process visual information and solve questions where the images or visuals form a pattern. The former, instead of images, utilize alphabets and numbers and presents situations for you to encounter. Pay attention to detail like shade, reflection, shade, type, rotation, etc. in case of the latter. The best SSC CPO preparation strategy we can give is to get hold of the pattern in both cases. Whether it is coding-decoding or images, the pattern dictates what comes next and it will help you arrive at the right answer.
How To Prepare for SSC CPO Tier 1: Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative Aptitude section tests the candidate’s grasp of numbers and related concepts. It contains 50 questions testing both Arithmetic and Advanced Maths. Specific SSC CPO preparation tips have been delineated below.
- The topics in this section that will help you prepare your SSC CPO study plan are:
|Number System, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Work, Average, Ratio & Proportion, Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Simplification, Partnership, Percentages, Probability, Case Study Analysis, Permutation & Combination, Mensuration, Graphs, Trigonometry, etc.|
- The quantitative section combines both fundamental mathematics as well as its applications in terms of profit & loss, speed & distance, time & work, etc. Thus, a vital SSC CPO preparation strategy is to bolster your quantitative foundation first. Revisit and practice unitary method, BODMAS, tests of divisibility, direct and indirect proportions, simplification, and percentages amongst others.
- There is no other way of scoring well in this section than practice. If this is not your strength, start with the very basic operations and then move forward. Further, refrain from learning new topics during the last week or two before the exam.
How to Prepare for SSC CPO Tier 1: English Comprehensionstyle="text-align: justify;">The English Comprehension section, like others, also contains 50 questions of 1 mark each.
- Topics: Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Error Detection, Jumbled Sentences, Active & Passive Voice, Cloze Test, Vocabulary [Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word Substitution], etc.
- For Reading Comprehension, understand the respective elements, namely, Passage’s Main Idea or Theme, Author’s Argument & Counter-arguments, Conclusion and Other supporting elements, if any. You can either read the passage and then go to the questions or the other way around. But practice whatever method you choose and stick to it.
- Conjunctions are commonly remembered through ON A WHITE BUS mnemonic [Only if, Now that, although, while/when/whereas/whether, if/in case, though, even though/even if, because/before, until/unless, since/so. Learning through mnemonics is a great SSC CPO preparation strategy.
How To Prepare for SSC CPO Tier 1: General Knowledge & General Awarenesse="text-align: justify;">The 50 questions on the General Awareness and General Knowledge test a candidate’s ability to be abreast of the recent changes and developments at the regional, national and international level. Given below are some suggestions you can use as part of the SSC CPO study plan.
- Here are the topics and the recommended books you can use as part of your SSC CPO study plan.
|History [Ancient, Medieval, Modern]||NCERT Textbooks for History [Class IX-XII];|
|Indian Economy||NCERT Textbooks for Economy [Class IX-XII];
‘Indian Economy’ by Ramesh Singh;
‘Indian Economy’ by Datt and Sundaram;
|General Science [Physics, Chemistry, Biology]||NCERT Physics, Chemistry, and Biology [Class IX-X]|
|Physical World Geography||NCERT Textbooks for Geography [Class IX-XII];|
|Indian Polity||Laxmikant’s Polity;|
|Current Affairs [Awards, Books, Arts & Culture, Important days & events, etc.]||Lucent’sGeneral Knowledge;
General Knowledge 2022 by Arihant;
Competition Success Review, Pratiyogita Darpan, Current Affairs Modules
- One of the most effective SSC CPO preparation tips for the current affairs portion is to diversify your sources of information. This ranges from newspapers and TV debates to online articles, group study sessions, online discussion forums, and even short topic-based documentaries.
- For the Static GK Portion, build a solid foundation via a thorough reading of NCERT Textbooks as mentioned above. Then, refer to the additional books to get an in-depth knowledge of the topics.
- Try to connect your knowledge between the Dynamic Current Affairs Portion and the Static Portion. For example, recent amendments in the Constitution may be only a continuation of a long list of amendments being made throughout the past 70 years or the latest judgments on long-standing issues., etc.
As the last word, there is no better SSC CPO preparation strategy than to keep practicing with dedication and confidence. Have faith in yourself and give your best.